Patient instructions for general anesthesia/IV sedation appointments: Intravenous sedation is designed to enable you to undergo oral surgery in a more comfortable and relaxed manner. In order for us to treat you safely, you must follow some very important guidelines.
1. You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for 6 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
2. You must provide a responsible escort to accompany you to the office. This person must remain in the clinic while you are being treated.
3. Do not drive or work for 24 hours following your surgery.
4. Medications that need to be taken before your appointment should be taken with a small sip of water only.
5. Do not drink any alcoholic beverages while taking the prescribed medications.
6. Patients under the age of 18 years will be required to have a legal guardian present for all procedures and appointments.
7. Remove all nail polish, acrylic nails and facial/oral piercings.
8. Failure to follow any of the above instructions may lead to cancellation of your appointment.
9. You will need to have ice packs available on the day of surgery to help control the swelling.
10. Foods ideas: soup, mashed potatoes, smoothies, ice cream, macaroni and cheese, yogurt, eggs, pudding, jello, applesauce or nutritional drinks such as Boost.
11. DUE TO NEW FDA REGULATIONS, ANY PRESCRIPTION REFILLS MUST BE REQUESTED DURING OFFICE HOURS AND THE PATIENT MUST BE SEEN BEFORE A REFILL WILL BE ISSUED. ABSOLUTELY NO REFILLS FOR PAIN MEDICATION WILL BE GIVEN ON THE WEEKEND.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.